Monday, August 16, 2010

Dadurday and Momday

The day between Friday and Sunday is known as "Dadurday" around here. It's the day that dad stays home all day and plays with the kids - that's what they tell us, at least. We had a good Dadurday this week, filled with the usual dad-kid activities.

Yesterday, Red and I were comparing schedules for the week, and realized that he would be leaving Monday morning at 6am, and not be returning until 10pm. Additionally, I was planning to have 5 extra kids in the house, some for several hours. We decided that Monday should be renamed "Momday". And any good renaming should have a theme song:

MOMday MOMday, so good to me,
MOMday MOMday, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh MOMday morning, MOMday morning couldn't guarantee
That MOMday evening you would still be here with me.

MOMday MOMday, can't trust that day,
MOMday MOMday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh MOMday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh MOMday MOMday, how could you leave and not take me.

Every other day, every other day,
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever MOMday comes, but whenever MOMday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time

Honestly, now that it's over, MOMday wasn't really that bad. Lots of kids, lots of fun, very few problems...except for the completely trashed kitchen that I will now go remedy.

4 comments:

  1. 5 extra kids...wow you're good!!
    You up for mom of the year award or what?!!!! If not I hereby nominate you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someday you'll miss a trashed kitchen when the kids are all grown...heh heh. So are YOU practicing for more kids? :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 extra kids!?! I am impressed! I am even more impressed with your Momday songv - It made me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are brave. I'm glad you survived Momday.

    ReplyDelete